Nov. 10, 2016
Between November 1, 2016 and January 31, 2017 all eligible clients may purchase health and dental insurance through the WA state Marketplace. Apply online at www.wahealthplanfinder.org or come in to our office to work with one of our Tribal Assisters/Health Insurance Navigators. We can help you apply and choose a plan that’s right for you!
Here are some basics to know about the healthcare insurance enrollment process for 2017:
- It can be affordable – with tax credits, you may be eligible for a discount on the price of your premiums every month.
- You may be eligible for cost-sharing reductions which can lower the out-of-pocket costs for your healthcare through your deductibles, co-pays and co-insurance.
- If you purchased health insurance through the WA Exchange last year, be sure to explore the plans available this year as they may have changed. You can change your enrollment until the end of Open Enrollment.
- Enrolling in health insurance during Open Enrollment helps you avoid a tax penalty at the end of the year!
- To enroll in insurance beginning January 1, 2017, make sure to apply and choose a plan by December 23, 2016.
- For the first time, both medical and dental plans are available for purchase for 2017!
- Enrolled American Indians and Alaskan Natives may receive additional benefits – call us to find out more!
Contact our Tribal Assisters/Health Insurance Navigators for more information:
Sydney White - Enrollment and Outreach Specialist - 206-324-9360 ext. 2823
Patient Services - 206-324-9360 ext. 2591
Feel free to come in anytime to complete an insurance application at the front desk. You do not need an appointment. Also, you can call us for more information or to apply by phone.